Thursday 17 March 2011

The adventures of 8518 and owner

Hello guys it is me again. The balance has been achieved Dulcie is back at the shop after her illness and she is looking so much better. Yeah!

I had the great delight of visiting my doctors surgery for some sort of eye thing to do with the annoyance that is Neuralgia. I always know that no matter what there will be a delay or I will arrive an hour too early so I took my knitting with me.
Boy was there a delay today, a man had to be put in an ambulance and taken to Southampton general and a small baby was really rather poorly so I waited and knitted my back ribbing. By the time that I actually went to see the doctor the stabbing pain in my eye had almost gone and it seemed a little pointless having somebody looking at me.

I know that knitting and crocheting have really good health benefits, and I truly believe that it helps with my pain management at the moment. There has been a lot of research into the benefits of knitting, crocheting and crafting done by Betsan Corkhill, she has written articles about it, recently she wrote in simply knitting about men knitting and in issue 4 of knit on the net http://www.knitonthenet.com/issue4/features/therapeuticknitting/
She also has a group called stitchlinks found at www.stitchlinks.com.
The most recent pain magazine also had an informative article on knitting.

My thought is that if it helps a little it is better than nothing now where are my needles I want to get my back panel finished.

Moira Ann x

No comments:

Post a Comment